AMI Saudi Arabia Ltd, founded in 1981, was originally a joint venture between American Medical International of the United States and XENEL Industries..
In 1988, AMI became 100% Saudi Owned and remains part of the XENEL group of companies. Since its inception, the company has established a reputation for providing superior health care for the patients under its care.
AMI operated a number of prestigious hospitals in Saudi Arabia & the Middle East totaling over 2,500 beds at one time during operation.
In 1997 AMI Saudi Arabia Ltd. became the managing partner of Magrabi Hospitals & Centers. This involvement marked AMI’s first venture into the private healthcare in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
Magrabi Hospitals & Centers is the fastest growing specialized healthcare network in the Middle East, owning and operating 32 hospitals and surgical centers, 8 of which are charitable, specializing in Ophthalmology, ENT and dentistry within 9 different countries.
AMI is also a founding shareholder of IMDAD. Established in 1990 with its headquarters in Riyadh.
IMDAD distributes the world’s best rejuvenation technologies for skin and body in the Middle East and has the largest installed base of Aesthetic Lasers in the region.
With 8 offices and, total specialization in Aesthetic Medicine since 1993, IMDAD is the leading company in this fast growing segment in the region.
- Location / Regions:Field:
- Corporate Office: Jeddah, Xenel Building
- Offices: Riyadh, Xenel Building
- Health Care Activities:
- Currently – Managing partner of Magrabi Hospitals & Centers (21 hospitals & surgical centers throughout the Middle East). Previously – Managed five of the largest state owned hospitals in KSA.
- Geographic Coverage:
Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Egypt.
- Major Customers:
Health insurance providers.
- Major Suppliers:
Major healthcare drug and equipment suppliers in KSA.
AMI Saudi Arabia Ltd is valued for its expertise in hospital management and its ability to positively impact the delivery of quality healthcare.
Committed to meeting the needs of clients as an owner, manager, consultant or partner through innovative services that enhance the delivery of quality healthcare.
- Major Development / Milestones:
AMI Saudi Arabia Ltd. expanded its scope from managing state owned hospitals to successfully managing private sector healthcare through its partnership in Magrabi Hospitals & Centers in compliance with the highest international standards.
- Future Plans: AMI plans to expand our presence through our partnership with Magrabi Hospitals & Centers to cover all major cities in the Middle East & Africa. We are also exploring possible hospital management opportunities as the governments in the Middle East plan to privatize their healthcare services.
- Achievements: AMI has successfully managed major state hospitals in the kingdom for almost two decades,(i.e. King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital (KKESH), Security Forces Hospital (SFH), King Khaled National Guard Hospital (KKNGH), King Fahad Hospital (KFH) and Dhahran Medical City) with a total number of 2,337 beds. AMI Saudi Arabia Ltd is also the managing partner of Magrabi Hospitals & Centers, since 1997, with great success that lead to the expansion of the group to cover most major cities in KSA, UAE, Oman, Yemen, and Egypt.